Updated: Apr 22
This is a recipe that is a really warming, it can be served with bread and is very filling on its own. All the ingredients can be found in any supermarket. It's dairy, gluten and nut free as standard. Enjoy!
Name : Spiced Lamb Soup
Serves : 4
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 45 minutes
2 tbsp Cooking Oil
3 Onions - Sliced
4 Garlic cloves - Minced
1 - 3 Chillies - Minced (OPTIONAL)
2 tsp Grated Ginger - Fresh or powder
2 tsp Ground coriander
1 tsp Cumin
1 stick Cinnamon
350g Lamb neck - Cut into 1 cm cubes
410g Cannellini beans - Rinsed
500ml Lamb stock - Gluten free
2 tbsp Tomato puree
1/2 Lemon - Juiced
1 - 2 tsp Rosemary
1 Bay leaf
1 tsp Sugar
Salt & pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion, garlic, chillies (if using), ginger, coriander and cumin and fry until the onions are soft.
- Add the diced lamb and stir continuously for a couple of minutes to brown the meat.
- Add the stock, passatta, cannellini beans, tomato puree, lemon juice, cinnamon stick, rosemary, bay leaf and sugar.
- Bring to the boil and then turn the heat down to a simmer and cook for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and the cinnamon.
- Season (shouldn’t need much salt if at all) and serve with crusty bread or on its own.